IT STARTS HERE
At MNP we pride ourselves on being different – it’s our entrepreneurial drive that sets us apart. It’s the same drive that’s helped us become Canada’s fastest growing national firm. We foster collaboration, value your ideas, promote based on talent, live balanced lifestyles and make time for FUN. We are one firm, one team, collaborating to support you wherever you want to take your career.
Join the momentum. We are seeking Associates for our growing Valuations team for our Montreal and Toronto offices. Committed to delivering real value to organizations, MNP is a leading national accounting, tax and business consulting firm in Canada. Through our trusted Valuations team, our Chartered Business Valuators and Accredited Appraisers work with our extensive network of industry specialists to deliver independent, concise valuations assessments in a wide range of areas. These include, business valuations, intangible assets, financial reporting requirements, property tax recovery, fairness opinions, litigation support, and appraisal services.
ROLE @ MNP
- Actively participate in business valuations, intellectual property valuations, fairness opinions, financial modelling and purchase price allocations to help clients understand the value of their business and its components
- Build and prepare technical based analysis such as projections, forecasts and/or models in Excel
- Conduct industry and market financial research, valuation multiples for relevant public companies and precedent transactions
- Prepare cash flow and other valuation models to arrive at estimates of value
- Execute valuations for engagements requiring transaction pricing, regulatory and financial reporting, income tax or estate planning and strategic decision making
- Participate in the proposal process and help support the implementation, administration and completion of client engagements
Skills and Experience
- Possess a bachelor’s degree in business (a copy of the transcript will be required) with a specialization in accounting or finance
- Completion of the Chartered Professional Accountant (CPA) designation and working toward the completion of the Chartered Business Valuator (CBV) designation
- Experience working in business valuation is an asset.
- Strong computer literacy including effective working skills of Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Some travel may be required
MY REWARDS @ MNP
More than a paycheque, MNP is proud to offer customized rewards for our team members. With a focus on health and wealth, we provide an extensive list of benefits that support our unique culture and foster work-life integration.
Our MyRewards@MNP program offers benefits that allow you to thrive at work and outside of the office. Be rewarded with generous paid time off including 4 personal days, firm sponsored social events, a group pension plan with 4% matching contribution, voluntary savings products, bonus program eligibility, a wellness subsidy, health and dental benefits, mental health resources, exclusive access to perks and discounts, professional development assistance, learning opportunities through MNP University, a flexible dress for your day environment and more!