Agrium is one of the world’s largest nutrient and fertilizer producers. Ranked as one of the Top 55 Employers in Alberta, one of Canada’s Top 10 Admired Corporate Cultures, Canada’s Best Diversity Employers and Top 100 Employers in Canada we are proud to be recognized as a leader in attracting and retaining employees. Agrium’s High Performance Culture encourages an environment of accountability, collaboration, integrity, leadership and quality. We are committed to providing career development through professional and leadership training combined with on-the-job learning. Adding this to a competitive compensation package, a head office in South Calgary with facilities throughout North & South America, Europe, Australia and our aggressive global growth strategy, we are proud to offer you exciting opportunities to nourish your lifestyle and grow your career.
Reporting to the Manager, Corporate Decision Support, this position is responsible for providing research and analytical support to identify, evaluate, and analyze critical strategic priorities, alignment of corporate performance, and maximization of shareholder returns.
- Partner with key stakeholders in the development and monitoring of recurrent deliverables, including annual Corporate KPI’s, short and long-term incentive reporting, annual goodwill impairment testing and full filer analysis
- Develop and maintain financial models used in technical data analysis
- Monitor corporate performance measures and achievement of strategic objectives
- Maintain strong mutually beneficial relationships with the analytical, planning and accounting teams in each of Agrium’s Strategic Business Units
- Provide quality financial analysis to Investor Relations and perform externally oriented financial analysis
- Provide support to other Corporate groups including economic, cost/benefit and scenario analysis
- Apply strong technical accounting knowledge to analytical projects
- Address ad hoc information requests originating from Agrium finance leadership team
- Professional accounting or finance designation (CA, CFA, CBV or MBA)
- At least 5 years of post designation experience with 3 years in creating financial models
- Excellent communication, analytical and organizational skills with a high attention to detail
- Ability to interface with cross-functional teams in a multi-tasking, deadline orientated, team environment
- Problem structuring and strategic problem solving skills, technical corporate finance, accounting
- Knowledge of business valuation concepts would be considered an asset
- Prior experience with Capital IQ is preferred
Those interested in this challenging opportunity please apply in confidence directly at www.agrium.com/careers.
We welcome diversity in our workplace and encourage applications from all qualified women and men, including persons with disabilities, members of visible minorities and Aboriginal Canadians.