FYidoctors is currently recruiting for a Full-Time Senior Analyst – Corporate Development at our Home Office located in Calgary, AB.
Visique and FYidoctors one of the world’s largest optometrist owned eye care providers, is a privately owned, and exciting entrepreneurial company. What started as a small group of 30 optometrists has grown to over 500 Optometrists and 250 locations in only twelve years! Our model is unique. We believe in progressive lens technology and manufacturing (at our own manufacturing facility right here in Canada), investing in the most current diagnostic equipment, and a consultative culture led by some of North America’s most respected and reputable Optometrists. We believe our success comes from our passionate people, and we require energetic and enthusiastic leaders to join this dynamic team.
If this sounds like a company that you would like to work with, now is your opportunity. We are currently seeking a Senior Analyst to join our Corporate Development team. In this role, you will work closely with the Finance Department to evaluate and make recommendations on merger & acquisition opportunities. This includes preparing financial models and valuations to analyze selection criteria and follows through to the integration of new clinics – you will have the opportunity to have exposure to full-cycle M&A!
The right candidate will be a highly motivated individual who is looking to thrive in an entrepreneurial environment. As a multi-tasker extraordinaire you must be able to keep up in a high-volume environment with a variety of tasks on your to-do list, all while maintaining high attention to detail.
The Senior Analyst – Corporate Development will be a vital member of the Corporate Development team, and have the opportunity to directly support Visique/FYidoctors in achieving its goals of rapid growth, via the acquisition of independent eye care practices and various other exciting corporate initiatives. Tasks include, but are not limited to, merger & acquisition due diligence and financial evaluation, deal presentations and negotiations as well as providing needed support for strategic M&A planning and deal tracking and review. As the primary point of contact during due diligence, the Senior Analyst will be collaborating directly with potential acquisitions, the position requires a willingness to develop a thorough understanding of Visique/FYidoctors and its operations, as well as embodying Visique/FYidoctors unique culture and mission of Enhancing Lives. Internally, the position will collaborate with all departments (Sr. Leadership, Integrations, Legal, Accounting, Marketing, Payroll, etc) to support a smooth and effective integration for acquired practices. The Senior Analyst – Corporate Development reports to the Managing Director – Corporate Development.
How you’ll benefit:
- Competitive salary and comprehensive benefits
- Rapid and continued growth, ensuring a constantly challenging and rewarding environment
- A workplace culture where collaboration is fostered
- Ongoing training and development opportunities
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Merger & Acquisition (M&A) evaluation, due diligence, execution, financial integration, and deal review
- Prepare financial models, valuation and various scenario analyses
- Strategic M&A planning support to the CEO, CFO, and Corporate Development Team; including the development of acquisition selection criteria and modeling M&A impacts
- Help to identify potential M&A opportunities for the company with the intended outcome of enhancing our selection of acquisition opportunities that best fit with FYidoctors
- Assist with strategic deal negotiations and work closely with the executive team to help support those negotiations
- Prepare all accounting related backup and calculations for all executed transactions
- Assist in preparation of internal discussion documents, Board materials, and external presentations
- Conduct relevant industry, market, and competitive research
- Assist in clinic integration tasks, as needed
- Other projects and responsibilities as they arise
- Some travel may be required
- Design and prepare templates and presentation materials
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Must have 2-3 years’ experience working in the area of accounting/finance or other relevant M&A experience
- Completion of a financial designation (CPA or CFA)
- Enrolled in the CBV program with the intent of obtaining the CBV designation. Minimum completion of Level 1 would be an asset
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Office (Excel, PowerPoint, Word, etc.)
- Experienced valuation and financial modeling skills
- Strong ability to analyze data and communicate analysis
- Highly motivated and great attention to detail is necessary
- Excellent communication skills both verbally and written; comfortable in communicating with all levels of the organization
- Ability to handle stressful situations and difficult conversations
- Ability to adapt and respond quickly to changing priorities via critical thought and problem solving
- Act with integrity, honesty, and knowledge that promote the culture, values, and mission of FYidoctors/Visique
How to Apply:
All applications will be sent to the attention of the hiring contacts Gord McFarlane and Michelle Palaj. In case you’ve found us somewhere other than our careers page, click here https://fyidoctors.com/en/careers-page to be brought back to the original advertisement, search Senior Analyst – Corporate Development when navigating the careers site.