Capital Power Corporation
A Growing company. A solid lineage. A clear future as one of North America’s most respected, reliable and competitive power producers. We are passionate about our business, we care about our community and we’re accountable for our actions. Put the excitement of Capital Power to work for your career.
Capital Power (CPX:TSX) is a growth-oriented North American power producer headquartered in Edmonton, Alberta. The company develops, acquires, operates and optimizes power generation from a variety of energy sources.
Capital Power owns more than 3,300 megawatts of power generation capacity at 16 facilities across North America. An additional 487 megawatts of owned wind generation capacity is under construction or in advanced development in British Columbia, Alberta, and Ontario.
One Permanent, Full-Time Position
Capital Power currently has a dynamic opportunity for a results-oriented Senior Advisor, Valuation & Finance.
Reporting to the Senior Manager, Valuation & Finance, the Senior Advisor, Valuation & Finance is accountable for the performance of Corporate Valuation Analysis and Finance Due Diligence. This includes both ensuring the provision of financial analysis, support and/or due diligence for major corporate initatives.
Key accountabilities for the Senior Advisor, Valuation & Finance include:
- Develop, implement and review Valuation & Finance processes to ensure compliance to policies, standards, regulatory requirements and ensure mitigation of risks;
- Prepare and/or review valuation analysis for tax, financial reporting, impairment testing or other requirements, which may include the preparation of reports;
- Perform due diligence on acquisitions, divestitures or other initiatives such as new development projects or other similar major business opportunities, including the drafting of internal due diligence reports;
- Prepare and/or coordinate advice on accounting, valuation and finance issues for acquisitions, divestitures or other initiatives such as development projects.
- Working independently while keeping the Senior Manager informed on a timely basis.
The successful candidate will possess a Post-secondary Degree specializing in Business, Finance or Accounting and a formal Professional Accounting designation. You will have at least 5-7 years of experience related to accounting, valuation and corporate finance. A second formal Professional designation or progress towards one will be considered an asset (i.e. CBV – Chartered Business Valuator, CFA – Certified Financial Analyst etc.). Strong technical skills in business valuation, financial analysis, accounting and due diligence is required. You must have strong communication skills, both verbal and written and the ability to work well as part of a team and across the company. This position requires interaction across the company for the management of input into valuation analysis and also for supporting business development initiatives and conducting financial due diligence. You must also be able to productively deal with tight timelines and work well under pressure situations when the need arises.
To apply for this position, please visit www.capitalpower.jobs and search by IRC # 20561