PSP Investments is one of Canada’s largest pension investment managers, with $64.5 billion of assets under management as at March 31, 2012. We invest funds for the pension plans of the Public Service, the Canadian Forces, the Royal Canadian Mounted Police and the Reserve Force. Our skilled and dedicated team of 400 professionals manages a diversified global portfolio including stocks, bonds and other fixed-income securities, and investments in Private Equity, Real Estate, Infrastructure and Renewable Resources. Our main business office is in Montreal and our head office is in Ottawa. Please visit our website at www.investpsp.ca for more information.
PSP Investments is an equal opportunity employer. It is the Company’s policy to recruit and select applicants for employment on the basis of their qualifications, with emphasis on selecting the best qualified person for the job. PSP Investments does not discriminate against applicants based on race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability or any other status or condition protected by applicable law.
PSP Investments invites you to submit your resume through its Careers page. Please use this link to access the page: https://careers.investpsp.ca/index.html
The Manager will support the infrastructure investment team’s Directors, Senior Directors and Managing Directors of the Infrastructure Investment team in all aspects of the investment process including sector follow-up, research on general industry trends, analysis of investment opportunities, investment portfolio management and any related administrative tasks.
Developing business opportunities
- Develop a network of contacts to promote business opportunities.
- Analyze the various infrastructure markets and identify investment opportunities.
- Draft industry and sector analysis reports, business plans and other documents.
Analyzing and conducting transactions
- Coach and assist the analysts to support this function.
- Perform preliminary analysis of investment opportunities within the infrastructure industries.
- Prepare and analyze financial models, including conducting multivariate sensitivity analyses as well as a review of key assumptions used.
- Analyze the reasonability of operational and financial objectives, and the main transaction risks.
- Support due diligence, e.g. by summarizing and following up on external consultants’ reports.
- Prepare investment recommendations for approval.
Managing infrastructure investments
- Plan, coordinate, and review the management and administration of all the analysis required for the infrastructure portfolio.
- Provide proper coordination, training and assistance to the analysts of the department. As well, the candidate will assist in the administrative functions related to human resource review and development.
- Coordinate the tasks of the analyst(s) to ensure adequate, timely and accurate reporting and valuation of all portfolio investments in compliance with established guidelines.
- Coordinate the collection of financial information (budget, financial statements, other financial information) with directors and often with the partners themselves for analysis purposes.
- Prepare tracking documents for portfolio investments and periodic evaluations.
- Monitor periodic financial and operating results and explain investment plan variances.
- Analyze and draft report(s) on portfolio status and performance.
- Perform regular analyses of the state of the market for each investment to forecast future trends.
Control and administration
- Assist in setting up the systems and management tools required for the infrastructure team’s investment and control process.
- Interface with various groups such as Accounting and Finance to track transactions and portfolio performance.
- Participate in any other project to improve team performance or output.
Note: The position requires travel.
- University degree in business administration or its equivalent.
- CA, MBA and/or CFA, an asset.
- Five to seven years’ experience in financial analysis, business valuation or a relevant financial sector, ideally with some exposure to the analysis and structuring of long-term investments.
- Experience in infrastructure investments is an asset.
Knowledge & Skills
- Thorough grasp of computer tools such as MS-Office (especially Excel and PowerPoint).
- Interest for infrastructure investments.
- Bilingual (English and French).
- Excellent organizational and priority management skills.
- Excellent analytical skills.
- Very good communication skills (written and oral).
- Teamwork skills.
- Sense of initiative, independence.
- Negotiation skills.
- Flexibility and desire to work for a growing company.
- Attention to detail and presentation of information.
- Enthusiasm and ability to work under pressure.