BDO Canada LLP
The Financial Advisory Services practice (FAS) in Toronto for BDO is currently seeking a Senior Analyst/Manager for its Business Valuations Practice. Our role in the FAS group is to provide Business Valuation, Litigation Support, M&A, Financing and Damage Quantification services to internal and external clients. Our valuation services primarily include rendering of conclusions on the value of businesses, intangible assets, equity interests, financial instruments and quantification of damages.
Summary of Position
The Valuations Sr Analyst/Manager will play an active role in managing & carrying out business valuation mandates. This would include valuations prepared in the context of litigation support, audit assist, financial reporting, and general business valuation.
The candidate would report to the valuation practice leader.
The successful candidate would be responsible for the following:
- Play an active role in managing and carrying out business valuation mandates, in particular:
- Assist in the ongoing training and development of professional staff for this service area.
- Oversee and provide coaching to CBV and CBV students on file engagements and provide general career coaching.
- Take part in discussions and meetings with the management of the companies involved.
- With the team’s support, analyze company and industry-specific strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats with a view to determining the cash flow risks of the companies involved.
- With the team’s support, oversee the modeling used for the valuation.
- With the team’s support, oversee the writing of detailed valuation reports.
- Develop relationships with BDO’s current and prospective clients.
- Provide ongoing communication with the valuation Practice Leader concerning file execution and service area development initiatives.
Summary of Qualifications:
A Canadian Chartered Accountant designation
A CBV or CFA designation (completed or pending).
We are seeking candidates with at least two to five years’ of relevant experience.
Strong leadership & team skills
Excellent communication skills
Exceptional writing skills
Interested candidates are encouraged to submit their resume to Amanda Harvey, Human Resources Manager, firstname.lastname@example.org