Ernst & Young Orenda Corporate Finance Inc.
Ernst & Young’s people in more than 140 countries are committed to operating with integrity, quality and professionalism in the provision of audit, tax, advisory and transaction advisory services. We strive to help all of our people achieve their professional and personal goals through an inclusive environment that values everyone’s contributions, appreciates diversity of thought, fosters growth, and provides continuous opportunities for development. Recognized as one of Canada’s top employers, Ernst & Young continually strives to be a great place to work.
Ernst & Young Orenda Corporate Finance Inc., a specialty practice within Ernst & Young’s Transaction Advisory Services, is the dominant mid-market investment bank in Canada. The practice is recognized as a trusted source of expertise for mergers, acquisitions, divestitures, financing, privatization, and valuations and has been advising clients on all aspects of strategic transactions and capital sourcing activities for more than 30 years. We are a growing practice that has the resources to serve any client, anywhere in the world.
Responsibilities – We are looking for someone who can:
- Project manage complex acquisition, merger, divestiture or financing assignments while taking a lead role in client relationship management
- Provide direction and oversight on research to be used in financial modeling, competitive analysis, industry analysis, negotiation support and various other applications
- Review and provide quality assurance on complex financial models within broadly defined guidelines
- Oversee the preparation and delivery of documents for, and presentations to, clients and prospects
- Manage staff teams of 2-3 professionals and assume developmental responsibility for junior staff Proactively develop an internal and external network within the Montreal business community
- Participate in the development and execution of industry-specific thought leadership and business plans
- Take an autonomous lead role in identifying, soliciting and exploring potential new business opportunities
Qualifications of this position are as follows:
- Undergraduate degree in business with concentration s in finance and/or accounting plus CA, CFA, CBV or MBA
- Minimum 7-8 years experience in financial analysis and transaction/financing execution (i.e. M&A, Private Equity, Investment Banking, Commercial Banking or Corporate Development)
- Strong sales and marketing skills and boardroom presence
- Strong knowledge of financial accounting
- Strong financial modeling and analytical skills and financial modeling
- Strong knowledge of financing capital structuring and strong negotiation / lead advisory skills
- Bilingual with strong French and English oral and writing skills
- Understanding of key business drivers and business strategy
- Experience working in small teams and developing/coaching/mentoring junior-level staff
- Experience working with multiple internal / external advisors within the context of a transaction and coordinated various workstreams (i.e. lawyers, accountants, tax and other specialists, etc…)
- U.S. Broker Dealer license and Canadian Securities Institute licensing are or will be required
The successful candidate for this position will have strong written and verbal communication and presentation skills, superior analytical skills, and proven project and people management skills. Candidates will need to demonstrate a “roll up the sleeves” attitude with high levels of creativity, enthusiasm and team-work.
Ernst & Young is committed to diversity and equity
Interested applicants are asked to apply online on our EY Careers Website
at www.ey.com/CA, under requisition MON000GU.