The Valuation and Litigation Services Director will serve as a key member of RSM Valuation Services consulting team with a focus on loss quantification and valuation engagements related to commercial disputes, insurance claims, intellectual property damages, expropriation and construction disputes.
Our business valuation team performs valuations of business entities, intellectual property, intangible assets, common and preferred stock and other securities along with partnership interests, private debt instruments, options, warrants, and other derivative products. These services are provided to assist clients with mergers, acquisitions and dispositions; taxation planning and compliance; financial reporting; bankruptcy and reorganization; litigation and dispute resolution; and strategic planning. We also support assurance and tax clients pursuant to their valuation needs.
- Preparation of expert reports in accordance with CICBV Standards;
- Develop and maintain client relationships;
- Primary advisor to clients/manage engagement team members
- Manager/Oversee/Train/develop other professionals
- Develop new client relationships and be actively involved in business development
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with centers of influence and professionals
- Effectively manage overall client relationships to exceed client satisfaction
- Manage the fundamentals (i.e. realization, utilization, leverage, accounts, receivable, and expenses)
- Contributing thought leadership in practice area
- Mentor, coach and train staff
- Successfully integrate strategy of the firm
- Promote cross selling and integrating of service line of business and more
- Education: Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance or Business.
- Professional Certifications Required: CBV
- Other Certifications an Asset: CPA, IFA, CFE, CFA, CFF, ASA
- Experience managing and executing engagements
- Practice development and management, marketing and thought leadership as it relates to our core practice areas
- Successful candidate will have experience in managing client relationships and leveraging them to sell Firm solutions
- Ability to exceed client expectations in a sophisticated consulting or accounting firm environment. Experience with a “”Big 4″” or national consulting firm providing valuation services including valuation for financial reporting, tax reporting and litigation support
- Demonstrated ability to develop business and a productive referral network an asset
- 5+ years in Management/Leadership/Supervisory experience
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- Flexibility to travel to clients and other RSM’s offices
- Demonstrated ability to work independently to gather facts, organize data, analyze financial statements and other financial data, and identify relevant issues
You want your next step to be the right one. You’ve worked hard to get where you are today. And now you’re ready to use your unique skills, talents and personality to achieve great things. RSM is a place where you are valued as an individual, mentored as a future leader, and recognized for your accomplishments and potential. Working directly with clients, key decision makers and business owners across various industries and geographies, you’ll move quickly along the learning curve and our clients will benefit from your fresh perspective.
Experience RSM. Experience the power of being understood.
RSM is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans.