Mosaic Capital Corporation
Mosaic Capital Corporation is a diversified investment company that makes long-term investments in mid-market businesses that dominate the niche markets in which they operate. We look to acquire a control position in companies that have a history of growing free cash flow, exceptional management and a durable competitive advantage.
We are continuing to grow our portfolio of geographically and economically diversified businesses. We maximize our returns by emphasising a disciplined investment approach, an active partnership with excellent managers and maintenance of a strong financial position.
Mosaic currently has seven businesses in its portfolio and the company is well positioned for growth with a strong balance sheet, significant deployable capital and excellent access to the capital markets.
An exceptional opportunity exists to join Mosaic’s innovative investment team to assist in all aspects of the investment process including deal flow origination, transaction evaluation, due diligence and negotiations. Reporting to the President, the successful candidate will have a proven track record with a minimum of five years of relevant industry experience. This is a “role up your sleeves” opportunity.
- Deal origination, including building relationships with financial intermediaries and assist in optimizing the build-out of an already extensive deal flow pipeline
- Identification of target industries and direct contact with companies within those industries that meet our investment criteria
- Building relationships with management of target businesses
- Financial and operational evaluation of target businesses
- Negotiating transactions with target businesses
- Negotiating bank facilities
- Leading and performing due diligence activities
- Working with and assisting portfolio company management teams
A qualified and seasoned individual with experience in deal flow origination, transaction evaluation, due diligence and negotiations who is seeking an exciting, entrepreneurial opportunity will find this role appealing. As a key member of the Mosaic team, it is essential that the successful candidate possess the following skills, attributes, and experience:
- Deal origination experience including building relationships with intermediaries, identifying business opportunities and cold calling targets
- Minimum of five years of experience valuing and analyzing businesses and structuring transactions within another private equity firm, a mergers and acquisitions group or a first tier investment bank or accounting firm
- Strong financial sophistication including financial modelling and financial analysis skills
- Team player with demonstrated persistence and business judgement
- Creative, energetic and enthusiastic
Additional Preferred Qualifications
- Professional accounting or finance designation (CA, CBV, CFA or MBA)
- Operational experience
- Capital markets experience
This position will be available until we have found the right person. Please submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or directly online at: