Duff & Phelps
Job ID 17000576
Duff & Phelps is the premier global valuation and corporate finance advisor with expertise in complex valuation, disputes and investigations, M&A, restructuring, and compliance and regulatory consulting.
Our professionals balance analytical skills, deep market insight and independence to help our clients make sound decisions. As an organization, we think globally—and encourage our people to do the same. That means when you take your place on our team, you’ll discover a supportive and collaborative work environment that enables you to excel. If you’re ready to share your perspective with the world, make a real impact at Duff & Phelps. Find out how our approach will change everything for YOU.
Duff & Phelps Canada, a leading independent firm is looking to add professionals in its Toronto office to specialize in business valuation, financial loss / damages quantification and related forensic accounting services. Our Disputes and Investigations practices and our Valuation Advisory Services practices are well known across the country and attract important and challenging assignments. Interested candidates should have strong professional growth aspirations, hold client service first in a fast-paced environment and be attuned to business development in the longer term. The Canadian practice is an important part of the valuation and corporate financial advisory practice of the global Duff & Phelps firm.
Join our team and together we’ll power the sound decisions that enhance value – yours and ours.
- As a Vice President you will work in the areas of Bankruptcy, Intellectual Property, Business Insurance Consulting, Commercial & Shareholder Disputes, Fraud, Forensic & Investigative Services, M&A Purchase Price Disputes and Arbitration, Tax Litigation and Analytical Technology.
- Managing staff members to ensure engagement execution that will support thorough and grounded expert opinions and/or provide quality consulting services to attorneys within established timeframes
- Providing guidance to attorneys on key financial and business issues
- Developing and/or evaluating damages claims and calculations
- Creating financial models, cash flow analysis, completing business related valuations, and other analyses as dictated by the needs of the client company or transaction
- Reviewing internal and external communications, including client proposals and expert reports
- Contributing to the growth of the practice
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Economics, Finance, Accounting or Statistics; or an MBA
- Minimum 5 years of experience working in disputes/litigation support practice
- Demonstrated financial modeling skills
- Demonstrated knowledge of finance principles and financial statement analysis
- Demonstrated analytical, research, and quantitative skills
- Proven project management and presentation skills, including superior verbal and written communication skills
- Proven experience managing and mentoring a team
- Demonstrated valuation and/or credit analysis experience
- Demonstrated experience supporting expert opinions and/or providing financial analytical services to attorneys
In order to be considered for a position at Duff & Phelps, you must formally apply via
Duff & Phelps is committed to equal opportunity and diversity, and recruits people based on merit.