Collins Barrow Toronto LLP
About Collins Barrow Toronto LLP
Collins Barrow is one of Canada’s largest associations of Chartered Accounting firms and the eighth largest group of chartered accountants in Canada. Known as Canada’s mid-market alternative for audit, tax and advisory solutions, we have developed a reputation for being a real choice for quality and value added financial advice due to the depth and breadth of in-house skills, customized offerings, commitment to excellence in customer service and our global reach.
Collins Barrow Toronto is the flagship of the Collins Barrow National network. Entrepreneurial in outlook and growth-oriented in ambition, Collins Barrow Toronto’s history is marked by rapid and continuous expansion of our specialty service capabilities. Through a combination of well-integrated services, one-on-one partner attention and specialized sector expertise, we serve the diverse needs of organizations ranging in size and sophistication from large, publicly traded companies to mid-sized owner-managed and emerging businesses at every stage in their business life cycle.
Our global reach extends beyond the more than 40 offices in Canada into 130 countries worldwide through our affiliate, Baker Tilly International, the eighth largest accountancy and business advisory network in the world. Together, we offer clients an established platform and access to the highest quality resources for audit, tax and transaction support in the global market place.
Collins Barrow Valuations Team
The Business Valuation professionals at Collins Barrow offer guidance you can trust and rely on. As the advisor of choice for a growing number of private and public companies, our tailored offerings provide complete and objective valuation opinions from independent board advice, investment and transactional counsel to accounting, tax planning and financial guidance, litigation support and more. We provide clients with independent business valuation services for a diverse range of purposes including: matrimonial property divisions, investment decisions, shareholder disputes, litigation support, divestiture, merger or acquisition, estate planning, succession planning, insurance coverage, and assessing the value of intangible assets including goodwill.
As a Valuations Associate, you will be assisting the Valuations Partner and Managers with Valuations reports and modeling.
Your primary responsibilities will include:
- Draft valuation and litigation support reports.
- Prepare valuation and economic damages models.
- Summarize financial information.
- Conduct research as appropriate for specific engagements.
- Provide support to valuation managers.
- Assist with ad hoc reporting.
The successful candidate will have:
- University degree in business or accounting.
- 2-3 years experience working in a public accounting firm.
- CA ,CPA designation (or successful completion of the UFE).
- An interest in enrolling in the CBV program.
- Strong financial and accounting skills.
- Strong Microsoft Excel skills.
- Strong Microsoft Word skills.
- Strong analytical and organizational skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent inter-personal skills as well as client service skills.
- Ability to mutli task in a fast paced environment.
- Ability to work independently as well as in teams.
As one of Canada’s most exciting professional services firms, we are proud to offer a wide variety of amazing opportunities to explore and experience.
- Collins Barrow offers various benefit programs such as fitness reimbursement, wellness initiatives as well as substantial training and development modules that help firm members achieve an ideal balance between their personal and professional life.
- Eligible firm members receive an annual bonus based on their performance during the year.
- We are committed to promoting individual excellence through our performance management system.
Learn more about experiencing a CB Life at:
Application Information: Interested candidates are asked to email their cover letter and resume to Resumetoronto@collinsbarrow.com with VALUATIONS as the title of the email.