Serve Those Who Serve Ontario
…Through integrity, knowledge and service. With assets under management exceeding $12 billion, the Trust manages one of Canada’s largest pension plans, serving more than 82,000 members and pensioners.
Reporting to the Director, Investment Finance you will provide senior level financial expertise and accounting services with respect to alternative investments, including private equities, infrastructure, hedge funds and derivatives. You will play a key role in the valuation reviews of the private markets portfolio and provide guidance and project leadership to the other members in Investment Finance. A minimum 5-7 years of relevant investment accounting and operational work experience, along with the following qualifications:
- A recognized Canadian accounting designation or equivalent, and enrolment in the CFA and CBV programs or related disciplines.
- Knowledge of investment industry related requirements, recommendations and guidelines of the CICA, CBV, Income Tax Act, various investment regulatory authorities and industry associations.
- Knowledge of investment valuation methodologies and processes, performance measurement, custodial and fund accounting and reporting.
- Dedicated user of a number of systems applications that support financial processes including: Microsoft Excel, Access, Oracle Financial applications, query and reporting tools such as SQL and Crystal Reports.
- Familiarity with a number of systems applications, which support the Investment processes, such as: Frontventure,eFront, Eagle PACE, TheNextRound and SunGard Investran.
This position requires a highly motivated financial or investment professional with strong accounting, analytical, project management and research skills. You should also possess solid communication skills – both verbal and written – and demonstrated relationship building and interpersonal skills. Sound professional judgment with a high degree of integrity will complement your excellent time management and organizational skills; be self-motivated, flexible and proactive with a proven ability to work independently as well as be part of a team.
Please e-mail your resume along with a brief cover letter in confidence to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 5:00 p.m. September 17, 2010
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those under consideration will be contacted.