Ernst & Young Orenda Corporate Finance Inc.
Ernst & Young’s Transaction Real Estate practice is currently looking for an Associate to join our team in Vancouver.
Ernst & Young Orenda Corporate Finance Inc., a specialty practice within Ernst & Young’s Transaction Advisory Services, is the dominant mid-market investment bank in Canada. The practice is recognized as a trusted source of expertise for mergers, acquisitions, divestitures, financing, privatization, and valuations and has been advising clients on all aspects of strategic transactions and capital sourcing activities for more than 30 years. We are a growing practice that has the resources to serve any client, anywhere in the world.
Ernst & Young has the largest integrated real estate practice of any accounting firm. With 5,000 professionals around the world, our global network provides audit, tax and transaction advisory services to real estate owners, investors, lenders and users – including many REIT’s, homebuilders and developers.
Our unique approach combines entrepreneurial thinking and a working knowledge of real estate issues with broad real estate experience, vast resources and a diverse network of clients and contacts. We serve more than 4,000 real estate clients across the country and throughout the world.
Our Transaction Real Estate practice in Canada is part of a team of 500 dedicated real estate transaction professionals located around the globe. These professionals help plan, execute and integrate their clients’ transactions strategy effectively, both domestically and across global markets.
Skills and Experience:
We are interested in candidates who have:
- An undergraduate degree (preferably with a CBV, CFA, MBA or CA)
- A good understanding of the commercial real estate industry in Canada including the key real estate value drivers, risks and opportunities
- Knowledge of real estate valuation methodologies, working knowledge of IFRS from a real estate perspective would be an asset
- 4 to 5 years of relevant real estate experience required
- Strong computer, analytical and financial modeling skills
- Superior verbal and written communication skills
- Enthusiastic, energetic attitude and a team player
Excellent research skills and ability to synthesize research information to be used in modeling, competitive analysis, industry analysis, negotiation support and various other applications
- Strong project management skills
- Ability to prepare and deliver documents for, and presentations to, clients
- Support senior professionals in identifying and exploring potential new business
The successful candidate for this position will be a self-starter who is comfortable working in small teams with members in different geographic locations. The chosen applicant will have strong written and verbal communication/presentation skills, superior analytical skills, demonstrated project and/or people management skills and have been recognized for their “roll up the sleeves” attitude and high levels of creative energy and enthusiasm.
Ernst & Young is committed to diversity and equity
About Ernst & Young
Ernst & Young is a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services. Worldwide, our 144,000 people are united by our shared values and an unwavering commitment to quality. We make a difference by helping our people, our clients and our wider communities achieve their potential.
Please apply online at www.ey.com/ca, Job ID VAN0004D.