About Our Firm:
FTI Consulting, Inc. is a global business advisory firm dedicated to helping organizations manage change, mitigate risk and resolve disputes: financial, legal, operational, political & regulatory, reputational and transactional. With more than 5,400 employees located in 27 countries, FTI Consulting professionals work closely with clients to anticipate, illuminate and overcome complex business challenges and make the most of opportunities.
FTI Consulting was named a “Best Firm to Work For” by Consulting magazine for the second consecutive year and is a Fortune 1000 company with revenues of over $US 2.0 billion.
About our Practice:
Our Economic and Financial Consulting (EFC) practice features a leading team of experienced expert witnesses across many disciplines and industries. Our practice in Canada focusses primarily on business valuation and damages quantification in large commercial disputes and international arbitration.
Our firm is recognized by Who’s Who Legal as having the highest number of top experts listed (more than the Big Four accountancy firms combined and nearly 25% of the total list) with 54 covering Europe, North America, South America and the Asia Pacific region. Neal Mizrahi, who leads the EFC practice in Canada, has been listed as a top expert globally since 2014, and in 2019, was one of two individuals in Canada to be recognized by their clients and the legal community as a “Thought Leader”.
About the Opportunity:
We are seeking an experienced professional to join FTI Consulting’s practice in Canada. Managing Directors are the emerging leaders of the practice, acting in a senior role on projects for Senior Managing Directors while they build their profile in the marketplace. This is a role that will enable you to expand your practice by gaining exposure to high profile lawyers and clients, allowing you to be entrepreneurial in developing business, and delivering quality results while working with a team of credentialed and talented staff.
- Project and client management
- Drafting of expert reports for delivery before arbitral tribunals and judges
- Leading and participating in business development efforts
- Generation of ideas and hypotheses to drive research and analysis
- Authorship of thought-leadership articles on relevant topics
- Professional development of staff at all levels, mentoring of mid-level professionals
- Developing and delivering high quality internal training
- Willingness to travel (10%-20%)
- Chartered Business Valuator (CBV) designation
- Chartered Professional Accountant (CPA) designation preferred (other designations like Chartered Financial Analyst are also considered)
- 7-10 years of (post-CPA) experience in business valuation and damages quantification
- Entrepreneurial self-starter motivated to lead and participate in business development initiatives
- Strong technical valuation skills and track record for excellent work
- Ability to manage and coach staff
- Ability to quickly assimilate relevant information in unfamiliar situations
- Ability to develop creative approaches and solutions necessary to resolve complex problems
- Excellent listening, verbal, written, and presentation skills
- Preference for individual who has provided oral testimony in court or arbitration