MDD Forensic Accountants
Our Halifax office is currently seeking a Manager to join our team. The manager will help with our current work load and participate in the further growth of our office.
Opportunity, challenge, growth and success.
With a global presence, MDD provides an abundance of opportunities for you to be challenged, grow and succeed. Embrace these opportunities and develop your professional career in a dynamic and friendly work environment.
With more than 40 offices on 5 continents, MDD is the world’s premier forensic accounting firm. Experienced in over 800 industries, we frequently work with government entities, independent adjustment firms, insurance companies, law firms, multi-national corporations and small businesses. Our forensic accountants specialize in a wide range of practice areas and our work spans more than 130 countries.
Our professionals help evaluate and determine litigation damages, business valuations and insurance claims in a clear and concise manner that can stand up to scrutiny. Our partners and senior staff regularly provide extensive litigation services and expert witness testimony in courts, arbitrations and mediations throughout the world.
Current and past assignments include a variety of high-profile cases related to commercial litigation, fraud and corruption, business valuations, business disputes, natural and man-made catastrophes, lost profits, business interruption, product liability and recall, and subrogation.
We are looking for a qualified accountant, business valuator or student, with an interest in pursuing a career with MDD.
Working within the MDD team, the ideal candidate will be responsible for:
- The management and completion of assignments
- Working closely with clients; attending meetings and communicating the results of your analyses
- Developing and maintaining their own technical expertise related to specific engagements
- Assisting other offices with workload and/or technical matters
- Supervising and teaching junior level accountants
In addition to file work, this position will participate in new business development and maintaining current clients.
There may be some expectation of travel with this position, depending on the nature of the assignments. For interested staff, MDD has opportunities for extended travel on assignment or transfers to other offices.
MDD is flexible with the requirements for this position; however, we would prefer candidates to have:
- Bachelor’s Degree or Master’s Degree in Business
- Chartered Professional Accountant designation (CPA)
- Enrolled in, or completion of the Chartered Business Valuator (CBV) program or substantial completion of a secondary designation (CFE, CFF)
- Minimum of 5 years post-designation work experience
- Demonstrated ability to manage staff
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment
- Well-developed analytical, writing and problem solving skills
- Strong communication skills and attention to detail
- Understand the need to exceed client expectations
- An appreciation for working consultatively and collaboratively with colleagues throughout the firm
- Additional language skills considered an asset
MDD firmly supports the development of our staff, and encourages continued learning through training programs, mentoring, and working with our global offices.
We are open to candidates outside of Halifax and can accommodate candidates interested in relocating.
In addition to looking for new team members, MDD is experienced with the successful integration of senior level practitioners, and is seeking opportunities to complement our global growth strategy.
Take the next step towards an enriching, rewarding and fulfilling experience by applying today. Please email your cover letter and resume to:
Alaina Hern, Canadian Human Resources Manager
Address: 1791 Barrington Street, Suite 1901, Halifax, NS B3J 3K9
Apply to: https://mdd.applytojob.com/apply/T26huu6hZE/Manager
MDD is committed to fostering a work environment that believes in treating all people with respect and dignity. Employee diversity and equality is an integral part of MDD’s business practices. MDD welcomes applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates selected throughout the recruitment process.
Thank you for your interest in MDD Forensic Accountants.