Ernst & Young Orenda Corporate Finance Inc
Ernst & Young’s people in more than 140 countries are committed to operating with integrity, quality and professionalism in the provision of audit, tax and transaction advisory services. We strive to help all of our people achieve their professional and personal goals through an inclusive environment that values everyone’s contributions, appreciates diversity of thought, fosters growth, and provides continuous opportunities for development. Recognized as one of Canada’s top employers, Ernst & Young continually strives to be a great place to work.
Ernst & Young Orenda Corporate Finance Inc., a specialty practice within Ernst & Young’s Transaction Advisory Services, is the dominant mid-market investment bank in Canada. The practice is recognized as a trusted source of expertise for mergers, acquisitions, divestitures, financing, privatization, and valuations and has been advising clients on all aspects of strategic transactions and capital sourcing activities for more than 30 years. We are a growing practice that has the resources to serve any client, anywhere in the world.
We are looking for someone that can:
- Develop financial models within broadly defined guidelines
- Synthesize research information to be used in modeling, competitive analysis, industry analysis, negotiation support and various other applications
- Draft 1st draft of marketing materials
- Prepare presentations for client meetings
- Support other members of the team in identifying and exploring potential new business.
- Support transaction execution for buy side, sell side and financing assignments
- Interface with client management on transaction related issues
- Overall to join the deal team on lead advisory assignments
Qualifications of this position are as follows:
- Undergraduate Degree
- CA designation would be strongly preferred or successfully passed UFE
- Experience in financial analysis and M&A
- Working knowledge of the Canadian and International Finance and Accounting concepts and principles as it relates to M&A transactions
- Strong project management and multi-tasking skills
- Strong computer and financial modeling skills
- Understanding of key business drivers. The successful candidate for this position will have strong written and verbal communication/presentation skills, superior analytical skills, people skills and have been recognized for their ‘roll up the sleeves’ attitude and high levels of creative energy and enthusiasm.
From time to time, you may be called upon to work in our other Transaction Advisory Services sub-service lines, depending on their needs. This position requires travel, as necessary.
Please apply on our website: www.ey.com/ca/jobsearch
Job ID#: EDM0004B
Ernst & Young is committed to diversity and equity