CDPQ is you!
- Carry out projects with potential returns and economic benefits for Quebecers
- Collaborate on dynamic teams with high-level professionals committed to shared objectives
- Take on stimulating challenges that reflect your ability and talent
- Pursue your professional development in an inspiring workplace, with state-of-the-art technology and best environmental practices
Reporting to the Senior Director, Valuation, the incumbent will determine the fair value of direct investments and of joint venture private equity, infrastructure and fixed income portfolio holdings, twice per year. These international portfolios include SME and large capitalization investments in a range of sectors (manufacturing, retail sales, distribution, energy, financial services, ports, airports, pipelines, etc.). The incumbent will also help establish pricing related to new investments and work closely with investment managers and analysts on all questions related to business valuations The incumbent will also defend his or her position to managers, auditors and the valuation committee, as necessary.
- Support and train analysts and advisors in estimating the fair value of direct and joint venture portfolio investments.
- Periodically estimate the fair value of complex direct and joint venture portfolio investments by using recognized valuation methodologies (comparable transactions, earnings multiples of comparable publicly-traded corporations, discounted cash flow models, etc.);
- Present and defend complex valuation mandates or mandates related to unusual situations to investment teams and CDPQ’s valuation committee.
- Answer external auditors’ questions as part of the external audit process.
- Act as a valuation consultant to managers in analyzing investment opportunities.
- Act as a resource person to answer questions dealing with data and valuation parameters used by investment managers and other CDPQ actors.
- Support managers on issues related to portfolio yield projections by collaborating with the Private Equity – Operations team.
- Develop and maintain internal and external networks, to serve the industry sector.
- Take part in fund governance.
- Take part in all projects for which his or her expertise is required.
- A graduate degree in finance, accounting or a related field
- A minimum of eight (8) years of experience in business valuations, in mergers/acquisitions/sales and/or corporate finance or any other pertinent combination of experience
- Professional designation (CBV or CFA) an important asset
- Mastery of Capital IQ and Bloomberg software an asset
- Excellent knowledge of French and a functional knowledge of English
- Ability to prepare valuations in very tight deadlines
- Details oriented
- Ability to analyze and summarize
- Intellectual curiosity
- Team spirit
- Good communicator and ability to argue positions
CDPQ seeks to offer equal employment opportunities to all. It encourages women, visible and ethnic minorities, aboriginal people and people with disabilities to apply. CDPQ is also committed to further incorporating diversity into the organization and making it a source of enrichment and pride for all its employees.
The use of masculine gender in this document refers to both men and women.
Please apply online at: https://rita.illicohodes.com/go/5db74635aea19605902820d9/569ff2a5bb47b805a030d6d5/en