Collins Barrow Toronto LLP
About Collins Barrow Toronto LLP
Collins Barrow Toronto LLP is a mid-market leader for audit, tax and advisory solutions, recognized in 2014 by Canadian Business and PROFIT magazine as one of Canada’s top 500 fastest growing companies. Collins Barrow Toronto is the flagship of the Collins Barrow national network. Entrepreneurial in outlook and growth-oriented in ambition, Collins Barrow Toronto’s history is marked by rapid and continuous expansion of our specialty service capabilities. Through a combination of well-integrated services, one-on-one partner attention and specialized sector expertise, we serve the diverse needs of organizations ranging in size and sophistication from large, publicly traded companies to mid-sized owner-managed and emerging businesses at every stage in their business life cycle.
The Collins Barrow national network is one of Canada’s largest associations of Chartered Accounting firms and the eighth largest group of chartered accountants in Canada. Known as Canada’s mid-market alternative for audit, tax and advisory solutions, Collins Barrow has developed a reputation for being a leading choice for quality and value-added financial advice due to the depth and breadth of in-house skills, customized offerings, commitment to excellence in customer service and our global reach.
Collins Barrows’ global reach extends beyond the more than 45 offices in Canada into 133 countries worldwide through our affiliate, Baker Tilly International, the eighth largest accountancy and business advisory network in the world. Together, we offer clients an established platform and access to the highest quality resources for audit, tax and transaction support in the global marketplace.
About Collins Barrow Toronto’s Litigation Accounting and Valuation Services Department:
The Litigation Accounting and Valuation Services team at Collins Barrow Toronto combines the skills of Litigation and Forensic Accountants, Business Valuators, Economists and Actuaries to provide objective professional opinions regarding losses incurred or damages sustained and business valuations.
Whether retained by a plaintiff or defendant, or in context of a transaction, financial planning or financial reporting, the Litigation Accounting and Valuation Services team provides clients with the highest quality of professional service. The Litigation Services group is currently looking for an additional staff member to join their growing team.
Your primary responsibilities will include:
- Preparation of reports involving quantification of damages for personal injury claims, income and/or business loss and wrongful death
- Analysis of financial documentation such as financial statement and tax returns
- Obtaining relevant information from clients as needed
- Gathering and analysis of Statistics Canada and other labour market data
A successful candidate will have:
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in economics, mathematics, actuarial science, statistics or accounting
- Relevant work experience in a Litigation/Business Valuations role
- Progression towards an accounting, actuarial or legal designation
- Demonstrated expertise in analyzing financial statements as well as a knowledge of income tax
- Strong Microsoft Word and Microsoft Excel skills
- Strong analytical and organizational skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal and client service skills
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work effectively independently and as part of a team
To apply for this role, please click on the link below:
To learn more about what makes Collins Barrow Toronto an employer of choice, please click on the link below: