MNP is one of the largest chartered accountancy and business consulting firms in Canada. For more than 65 years, we have proudly served and responded to the needs of our mid-market clients in the public and private sectors. Staying true to our values and entrepreneurial spirit, our people remain the driving force behind our success. For the fifth consecutive year, MNP has been recognized as one of the Best Employers in Canada by Maclean’s magazine. Work for a firm that works for you.
MNP’s Valuations practice within Vancouver and Calgary is rapidly growing. Our Valuation & Litigation Support Services enables business leaders to be more strategic when buying or selling a business, preparing a succession plan or resolving shareholder disputes. Examples of specific areas that our Valuations professionals deal with are: buy / sell agreements, companies going public / going private, mergers, matrimonial property disputes, tax and estate planning, quantification of damages, succession planning, valuation for financial reporting and much more!
We are looking for Professional Business Valuators to join our growing Valuations practice in our Vancouver and Calgary office locations. We currently have two positions available and are seeking an Associate or Senior Associate to join our Vancouver practice and a Manager to join our Calgary practice. These positions involve helping to lead the implementation, administration, ongoing evaluation and completion of various Valuations client engagements. This will include the completion of all levels of valuation reports including comprehensive reports and fairness opinions as well as the valuation of identifiable intangibles. In addition, they will assist in the ongoing business development and marketing of MNP Valuation & Litigation Support Services to new and existing clients. They will also provide training and coaching to junior team members, while ensuring MNP standards are met in providing high quality service to clients.
As the successful candidate you will have a:
- Progress towards or completion of Chartered Business Valuator (CBV) program;
- Chartered Accountant (CA) designation considered an asset (other accounting designations will be considered);
- Previous experience working within Valuations;
- Advanced skills and demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Excel;
- Strong communication skills – both written and verbal;
- Experience and passion for client service and building client relationships;
- Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines and deliver high quality work;
- Highly organized and works well under pressure;
- Flexible with a curious mind and ability to think on your feet;
- Goal orientated, open minded, and possesses a high level of integrity;
- Ability to work independently as well as with a team; and a
- Desire to grow a career in Valuations as there is opportunity for career advancement.
Our Total Rewards package, including flexible work schedules, a pension plan, flexible benefits, generous vacation leave, and professional development and training, is designed to reward success. Details regarding compensation will be based on the successful candidates’ knowledge, skills, and experience. We encourage a healthy balance between life and work and offer superb lifestyle choices that suit the way you work – and play!
Separate applications are required for the Vancouver position and the Calgary position on our MNP Careers website. If you are interested in either or both of these positions and wish to apply, please visit our website at: http://www.mnp.ca/en/careers .
We thank all candidates for applying. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.