DeBresser Wintrip Inc.
Welcome to DeBresser Wintrip Inc., Business Valuators & Forensic Accountants. Join us for the opportunity to learn and grow with a firm founded in 2019, but with the pedigree of experienced partners who can help build your career. If you are working hard at an accounting firm now, and have achieved (or are close to achieving) your CPA designation, and are ready to take the next step in a highly engaging new role, we would love to hear from you. We have an immediate opening for a hyper-motivated Associate to join our Team.
We are a firm of independent business valuators and forensic accountants, located in the very cool Annex area of Toronto, across the street from the venerable Madison Pub. Our partners have almost 50 years of combined experience in business valuation and litigation accounting. We work together as a team, in a commercial-use, converted two-story house, with available parking, or a two-minute walk from Spadina Station, or a quick pedal a few doors up from the Bloor Street bike path.
You will work directly with the partners along with the rest of our team, servicing lawyers, business owners, government agencies and regulatory bodies. In the near term, you will learn the intricacies of our specialized field, and you will help manage the work of several technicians and analysts. You will undertake industry and economic research using our research databases, prepare financial analysis and modelling using Excel and assist with drafting reports. Ideally, you should have:
- Recently obtained (or close to obtaining) your CPA designation;
- An interest in pursuing (or already enrolled in) the CBV program;
- Proficient in using Excel, Word and Powerpoint, and the rest of the Office 365 Suite;
- Anal-retentive attention to detail and top-notch presentation skills;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Good business sense, sound judgment and a high level self-confidence;
- Not afraid to roll-up-your sleeves, and dig in to a new projects
- Strong personal and corporate tax skills, and experience with tax return preparation, while not mandatory, but will get some extra attention when we review your resume
In the long term, you will continue to develop your technical expertise, communication skills and self-confidence so that ultimately you can present evidence in Court. An ideal candidate will be able to demonstrate an ability to network and attract new business and every opportunity will be given to develop this potential. We believe this represents an opportunity for the right person to get in on the ‘ground floor’ and contribute to, and share in, the growth of our firm.
If you are interested, please send your resume in confidence to: email@example.com
For more information, see our website at www.debresserwintrip.com