As a member of Financial Special Services, this position contributes primarily to Stantec’s aggressive growth strategy by participating in all financial aspects of acquisitions, financial reporting in connection with acquisitions, valuation supporting financial reporting and divestitures.
Reporting to the Director, Valuations & Transaction Services, the Acquisition Specialist positions is part of a team responsible for providing financial and accounting support to Stantec’s acquisition program in the areas of:
- Working closely with Stantec’s Corporate Development group performing the valuation or pricing of acquisition targets including review of preliminary due diligence materials and advising on transaction structuring;
- Planning and completing detailed financial due diligence procedures and identifying and confirming issues that impact transaction pricing and post-closing financial performance and financial reporting;
- Providing support to Stantec’s Corporate Development group up to the transaction closing;
- Participate in the post-closing financial integration and support of the systems harmonization plan;
- Completing the acquisition accounting for completed transactions, including the valuation of intangible assets acquired;
- Monitoring and calculating subsequent purchase price payment distributions subject to the terms of the completed purchase agreements;
- Working closely with internal and external financial reporting groups; and
- Working with internal and external auditors as required.
Additionally the position contributes to valuation support to Financial Reporting in the areas of goodwill impairment, long-lived asset impairment and other valuation related matters. The position has a requirement for some periodic travel associated with some of the acquisition related activities.
You bring to the position a professional accounting designation and a CBV designation or enrollment and progression in the CBV program. Your personal qualities include strong analytical and problem solving skills, attention to detail, a commitment to continuous learning, ability to assess priorities and excellent communication, presentation and interpersonal skills. You work equally effectively as part of a team and independently. Your reputation for being client-focused in your services within a demanding, detailed and results orientated environment makes you an ideal candidate for this dynamic and challenging position.
Please apply online at http://www.stantec.com/careers JOB ID: 2010:9282.
We thank all interested applicants, however only those who qualify will be contacted.