Davis Martindale LLP
Davis Martindale LLP ‘Accountants with Personality’ is one of the most recognizable accounting firms inSouthwestern Ontario. For more than 40 years, we have proudly served and responded to the needs of our clients. Staying true to our values and entrepreneurial spirit, our people remain the driving force behind our success. In 2010, Davis Martindale was awarded the London Chamber of Commerce Excellence in Human Resources Award. In March 2012, we were voted the best Accounting firm in London! There are a lot of great things happening at Davis Martindale!!
We are currently seeking an experienced, designated Accountant to join our Advisory Services Team. Activities would include involvement in business valuations and loss quantifications including:
- Business valuations relating to matrimonial and shareholder disputes
- Business valuations relating to succession or income tax planning
- Determination of income for child and spousal support
- Complete pricing analysis relating to purchase/sale of a business
- Personal injury and commercial loss quantification
- Business interruption, theft and stock loss calculations
- Other business and personal loss quantifications
- Perform detailed reviews of the operational and financial records of businesses
- Interview key management, employees and clients as appropriate
- Analyze industry data to estimate the effect on profit relating to the interruption in business and market share
- Compare projected performance to the company’s actual performance during the period of interruption
- Consider non-loss related events and conditions that may impact actual sales during the period of recovery
- Calculate the damages solely attributable to an incident
- Prepare detailed spreadsheets
- Participate in the writing of detailed reports
- Develop relationships with current and prospective clients
- CA, CGA or CMA designation is required
- Interested in pursuing a specialist designation (i.e. Chartered Business Valuator or other equivalent)
- Two to three years of work experience
- Possess strong verbal and written communication
- Adaptable, able to negotiate uncertain situations with ease
- Strong working knowledge of MS office suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Strong analytical, research and problem solving skills
- Ability to work individually or in small teams , lead engagements, and communicate with clients on an as needed basis
- Have an aptitude for business development activities
Our competitive compensation package, including RRSP matching, great benefits, and professional development and training, is designed to reward success. Details regarding compensation will be based on the successful candidate’s knowledge, skills, and experience.
If you are looking for an exciting opportunity with a company that is employee focused as well as dedicated to client service, submit your resume in confidence to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Only applicants chosen for the next step in the selection process will be contacted.